Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Disturbed

So, I downloaded The Lost Children this morning.

It... sounds like Disturbed. I mean this neither as a slight, or as a complement. Why should I buy a new album if it sounds just like the last one? I can listen to Nickleback, Creed, or Pearl Jam for that. (Uh Oh, I badmouthed Pearl Jam, someone is gonna come cut my junk off!).

Come on guys, push that envelope some!

The cover song of the album really didnt do anything for me. On Asylum it was a U2 song, this time it was Judas Priest. Sorry, JP is a lot closer in sound then most of their other choices, I liked it, but I think they could have reached further out to find something to make their own. Land of Confusion? Yeah, didnt know that was Genesis until I heard it playing at my in-laws place. The rest have been fairly obvious, but still a reach from their standard offerings.

Oh well, it is on the almighty mp3 player of fruity origin, and shuffled into my mighty playlist. Eventually I may notice differences between this and Asylum.

No comments:

Post a Comment